The first center for design know-how and a hothouse of creative thinking in the country’s upper north.
TCDC Chiang Mai is our first regional design resource center, offering the same full slate of services available to users in Bangkok. Continuing to expand opportunities for learning about design, TCDC reaches out to entrepreneurs, designers, students, people in Chiang Mai and the upper north and offering them the knowledge and tools to turn original, innovative ideas into real economic returns. Our approach is focused on wedding Thailand’s intellectual assets, its rich cultural heritage, and the latest technologies to create distinctive goods and services with strong potential for success in the local and international marketplace.
TCDC Chiang Mai Services
- TCDC Resource Center Offering creative and design resource within the vibrant atmosphere. The library houses over 6,000 volumes of design publications, 70 periodicals, 500 items of design resources in multimedia formats, and GMD marketing database, providing various dimensions of knowledge which is the primary process of national human resource.
- Material ConneXion® Chiang Mai Experience real materials that world-class designers used to create their works with over 7,000 material database and 250 rotating samples. Here’s your chance to explore materials used by world-class designers and keep up to date with new trends in the world of design materials.
- Seminar activities & Design and product development workshop Give the local designers and entrepreneurs opportunities to acquire knowledge and skills, including news center service, publishing media and website.
- Design and Educational Exhibitions Ignite the audiences’ imagination and inspiration by organising design and creative contests continually.
- Creative Showcase Give the emerging designers and entrepreneurs chances to test their market potential and build their quality business network.
- Design Consulting Services and Strategic Business Planning Support local entrepreneurs and designers to develop their own business and empower them to create globally competitive products and services.
TCDC Chiang Mai invites everyone to enjoy the services of TCDC Resource Center and Material ConneXion Chiang Mai free of charge throughout April 2013. And join us in an exploration of a new perspective on Chiang Mai in the exhibition “Chiang Mai revisited” from 2 April - 30 June 2013, free admission. (Download the exhibition booklet)
TCDC Chiang Mai
1/1 Muang Samut Road
Changmoi Subdistrict, Muang District, Chiang Mai 50300
Open April 2, 2013!
10.30 – 18.00 (closed Mondays)
For more information, please contact TCDC Information Counter, tel. 052 080 500 ext. 1.