Creativities Unfold, Bangkok 2012 “Design is Opportunities: Innovation, Strategy, Business”
||25 August - 10 September 2012 | 10:30-19:15
||TCDC and creative studios across Bangkok
Where there is design … there are opportunities.
Creativities Unfold, Bangkok 2012 “Design is Opportunities: Innovation, Strategy and Business” introduces new opportunities to where design can be used and applied. The symposium activities include Creative Space Workshop, International Workshop and International Symposium.
|Creative Space Workshop All workshops are fully booked|
25 August – 7 September 2012
Join open-house workshops by 42 top Thai creative studios across Bangkok:
||Practical Design Studio
||FiF DESIGN studio
||Sansiri Design Solution Department (DSD)
||The SUPPORT Arts and Crafts International Centre of Thailand (Public Organization)
|Chamni’s Eye Studio
||KMUTT Learning Square
(Design Innovation Institute)
|Computer Arts Thailand
||Viera by Ragazze
||MASS UNIVERSE & int2
|Ductstore the design guru
|E.A.T & Site-Specific
||141 Social Enterprise
Please see terms and conditions for Creative Space Workshop application below
|Creative Space Workshop Application – Terms and Conditions
Documents required for the return of your Creative Space Workshop cash deposit
- Reserve your place and pay a cash deposit at TCDC Information Counter:
- Student: 500 Baht (Please show your student ID card or letter of confirmation from your accredited institution)
- The public: 1,000 Baht
- You’ll get back the full amount of cash deposit once you have attended all sessions of the workshop.
- You can transfer your place to other by mutual agreement.
- TCDC reserves the right to forfeit your deposit if you fail to attend for any reasons.
- An original copy of the cash deposit receipt.
- Please present an original copy of the participant’s Thai National ID Card, whose name must match the name specified in the receipt.
- If the participating right has been transferred to another person, please present a photocopy of the transferor’s Thai National ID Card whose name must match the name specified in the receipt and an original copy of transferee’s Thai National ID Card.
International Symposium @TCDC
8 – 9 September 2012
Meet creative forces who have “meshed” different fields of knowledge into groundbreaking innovations.
8 September 2012 – Design is Innovation
9 September 2012 – Design is Strategy and Business
|10.30 – 12.00 ||Carlo Ratti: Architect who invented real-time control system for cities and created “Digital Water Pavilion”, TIME Magazine’s Best Inventions of 2007.|
|13.30 – 14.45 ||Birgit Mager: Pioneer in service design for innovation and improvement of services.|
|14.55 – 16.10 ||James Arizumi: Nike Global Design Director, Action Sports/Skateboard division.|
|16.20 – 17.35
||Anuvat Chalermchai: Design and innovative force behind COTTO’s global success.|
|18.00 – 19.15 ||Gaggan Anand: Chef who combines molecular gastronomy with traditional ingredients and recipes to make eating a sensorial and intellectual experience.|
|10.30 – 12.00 ||Dieter Rams: Renowned industrial designer whose philosophy "simple but functional" inspires designers for generations.|
|13.30 – 14.45 ||Idris Mootee: Strategic expert with more than 25 years’ experience in advising top companies on innovation, experience design, and customer insights.|
|14.55 -16.10 ||Adisorn Supawatanakul: Design researcher who transforms complex consumer data into innovative opportunities|
|16.30 – 17.45 ||Morinosuke Kawaguchi: Subculture-inspired innovation and competitive strategy expert, and author of Geeky-Girly Innovation: A Japanese Subculturalist’s Guide to Technology and Design.|
Ticket Price: 900 Baht/Day (Thai and English translation available via headphones)
International Workshop @TCDC All workshops are fully booked
6, 7, 10 September 2012
Learn and experiment closely with world-class lecturers:
6 September 2012 / 10.30 – 17.00
• “User-Centered Ideation” by Adisorn Supawatanakul (Day 1)
• “Applied Design Thinking to Create New Market Opportunities” by Idris Mootee (Day 1)
7 September 2012 / 10.30 – 17.00
• “User-Centered Ideation” by Adisorn Supawatanakul (Day 2)
• “Applied Design Thinking to Create New Market Opportunities” by Idris Mootee (Day 2 – 10.30–13.00)
10 September 2012 / 10.30 – 17.00
• “Service Design in Action” by Birgit Mager
• “Subculture-inspired Product Functions” by Morinosuke Kawaguchi
Ticket Price: 1,500 Baht/Workshop
Remark: All workshops are conducted in English, except “User-Centered Ideation” by Adisorn Supawatanakul which is conducted in Thai.
Apply for Creative Space Workshop and buy International Symposium and Workshop tickets from 4 August 2012 at TCDC (Closed Mondays), 02-664-8448 ext. 213, 214.
TCDC members can apply/buy tickets in advance from 28 July 2012 with extra discounts!
||Group of 3 or more
||TCDC Premium members
||TCDC Silver & Platinum members
Silver and Platinum TCDC 5th Anniversary member card holders are eligible for free tickets to the International Symposium on September 8 and 9. Please contact TCDC to pick up your tickets from 28 July – 4 August 2012 only.
|Benefits from International Workshop and International Symposium Tickets:
• Receive 4 free entries to TCDC Resource Center.
• Receive 25% discount to TCDC membership if the ticket is shown when applying before October 31 2012. (Only for Thai Nationals and Residence/Work Permit Holders only 1 ticket / 1 discount. This discount may be used for another person.)
• Not eligible to use in conjunction with other promotions.
• The ticket fee is tax-deductable subject to The Revenue Department’s terms.
For more information, please visit www.creativitiesunfold.com or contact TCDC Information Counter, tel. 02-664-8448 ext. 213, 214.
TCDC reserves the rights to make any changes without prior notices.
Back to programmes