Co-Create Charoenkrung Project
- When: 9 December 2015 - 30 June 2016
Let’s develop Charoenkrung together to fulfill lives in the Co-Create Charoenkrung project.
is a collaboration project between Thai Health Promotion Foundation (ThaiHealth) and Thailand Creative and Design Centre (TCDC) to develop Charoenkrung district, a significant economic and social area in the past, to become a creative district. Charoenkrung will become a prototype of creative business prosperity fulfilling the physical and psychological need, as well as, economic and society demands, through holding Creative District Design activities with Charoenkrung community and using Service Design in identifying the problem and create a solution that inclines with the community.
The project has 4 types of activity, as follows;
• Gathering Community’s Opinions Activity
- Seeking the guideline in developing creative district through Service Design, together with the community and other stakeholders.
• Community’s Creativity Stimulation Activity
- Designing and building a creative district through inspirational activities encouraging creativity in problem solving, in order to improve community and people in the area’s quality of life.
• Creative Charoenkrung Activity
- Inviting community, thinkers and creators to create atmosphere of change and building a strong connection between people in the area and other organizations.
• Public Communication Activity
- Introducing the Charoenkrung Creative District through printed media, social media and videos broadcasting the concept of activities and creative thinking process.
The following 5 creative district development concepts are resulted in this project:
- Riverfront public area development project: reviving old riverfront architecture to a new landmark of the district and connecting both main and minor transportation routes to the riverfront.
- Abandoned building renovation and development project: using the area to its highest capacity as district’s new meeting space for hosting creative people incubation activity.
- Small green space development project: developing underuse space into district’s public green space for meeting and activity.
- Alleys connection project: connecting main and minor transportation routes for accessibility in the area to stimulate economy in the alleys.
- Signage for a Walkable District project: providing the information of travelling spots, business areas, restaurants and interesting spots with the signboard reflecting the identity of the area to draw people to the area.
TCDC also conducted the research results seminar “Decoding Charoenkrung the Creative District” under the Co-Create Charoenkrung Project, as a project summary. The ultimate result of the project offers not only the concept of Charoenkrung creative district development, but also “a Co-creation model” of designing creative district which can be applied to other creative district in Thailand. This is for the creation of creative district in various dimensions; business, design and community activity arrangement, which drives social and economic value to the community and surrounding neighbourhood. All contents can be viewed at the exhibition “Co-Create Charoenkrung” from 1 July – 4 September 2016 at lobby, TCDC.
For more information, please contact Arinrat Seedapeng, Tel. 02 664 7667 #136.